A market leading plate mounter has to meet several objectives – high
level of repeatable accuracy; reliability; ease of use and speed.
Strength of construction, accuracy of machining and
design/component selection feature heavily in achieving the first two
- Ease of use and speed are achieved through intelligent
design of the machine layout and control system. The 2CS Cobra from
J M Heaford ltd meets all of these objectives without compromise.
- The machine in standard format has twin moving cameras powered
by linear motors and an ultra -precise measuring system with
repeatable accuracy of + / - 1 micron. The cameras are fixed focus
units and move on a servo motor driven support beam for fully automatic camera beam positioning.
- The sleeve mandrel is fixed rigidly in the high strength deflection resistant
frame and supported at the opening end by a powered raise/lower headstock to give access to the mandrel
for sleeve changeover. Different mandrel adaptors are available as
are couplings to supply air to those step up adaptors which have side
wall air feeds.
- The mounter features two auto positioning 100x magnification colour digital camera assemblies. The cameras are moved to positions pre-recorded in the mounter database by linear motors with positional feedback provided by linear encoders attached to each camera assembly. The mounter uses a 27” touch screen displaying both camera images on a single screen.
- A combination of (optional) rear plate support table and
pneumatically actuated pressure roller allow the operator to attach
the plate to the stickyback without having to apply the contact
pressure by hand. Mandrel rotation is via foot pedal and a second
footpedal controls the rear table.
- For customers who apply stickyback to sleeves circumferentially and
who use the mounter for this we can offer two types of application
holder for the tape roll – one with an integral pressure roller and one
without. Both these applicators can also be supplied on a standalone
sleeve dedicated tape and plate work station to increase the work
flow through the mounter.
- Our highly successful plate cutter is also available as an option on this